You are here
Diagnosis. Treatment. Prevention.
Our Women's Health Services are dedicated to your good health whatever stage of your life. With centers located throughout the Tri Cities, including Johnson City, Kingsport, Southwest VA, Mountain States Health Alliance offers:
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Gynecology/Gynecological Surgery
- Breast Care
- Screenings and education
- Women’s diagnostic facilities
Mountain States Health Alliance offers:
- Nine imaging centers throughout Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia provide convenient diagnostic centers for bone and breast screenings for women with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment. The facilities offer comfortable, private settings.
- Health Resources Centers at two locations provide health screenings and classes related to all aspects of wellness, many specifically for women. Most services are free.
- From massage to exercise classes to fitness programs specially designed for those with physical limitations, The Wellness Center in Johnson City is designed to promote wellness for women and men of all ages.
- Nurse navigators are available to breast cancer patients from diagnosis to through treatments to help with all aspects of cancer care.
- Five cancer care facilities in NE Tennessee and SW Virginia offer conveniently located cancer treatment centers for patients throughout the region.
- Women’s Health and Imaging Center was created specifically for women. It is located in Johnson City and provides women of all ages highly specialized diagnostic services in a compassionate caring environment.
The Wellness Center
The Wellness Center classes and programs are designed to keep your bones strong, your heart healthy and your body fit. We are committed to improving the fitness of all, including kids, adults and seniors. Health-specific classes aid in post-surgery recovery or focus on your special health needs.
Health Resources Centers
The Health Resources Centers, located in The Mall at Johnson City and Kingsport Town Center, are open to everyone as an outreach service of Mountain States Health Alliance. Browse through books and literature to find current health information or chat with our health professionals to get answers to your questions. Best of all, most services are FREE!
- Daily blood pressure checks
- Health screenings
- Assistance with becoming smoke-free
- Personal nutritional counseling with a registered dietitian
- Diabetes self-management classes
- Support groups
- Health seminars
- Physician lectures
- Healthy cooking classes
- Health library – books and brochures
Check the HRC classes and programs for upcoming classes and screenings.
Johnson City Medical Center
100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs, Becker’s Hospital Review, 2014
One of America’s Top Quality Hospitals for Cancer Care, CareChex, 2014
Sycamore Shoals Hospital
“Get with the Guidelines” Gold – Heart Failure, American Heart Association, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Certifications & Accreditations
Johnson City Medical Center
Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, American College of Radiology
Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, Society of Chest Pain Centers
The team of expert physicians — including specialists and sub-specialists — and staff at Mountain States has led the way in bringing the latest treatments and technology for women to our region. This talented and experienced team continues to bring world-class health care straight to our female patients — right here in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.