You are here
Why MSHA Surgical Services
Whether you are having inpatient or outpatient surgery, Mountain States Health facilities offer the latest equipment and are staffed by some of the nation's top surgeons. MSHA is here to serve patients' needs in all surgical specialties. We exist to identify and respond to the health care needs of individuals and communities in our region and to assist them in attaining their highest possible level of health.
In addition to the traditional "open" surgical techniques, our surgeons have the advances of laser and laparoscopic technology, so they can perform many operations through very small incisions, thus greatly reducing recovery time and allowing patients to more quickly resume their normal activities.
AwardsJohnson City Medical Center
- Distinguished Clinical Excellence and as a High Performer in Heart Surgery; Orthopedics; Neurosurgery; Ear, Nose & Throat; Gastroenterology and GI Surgery; Urology, by U.S. News & World Report.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Silver Certification by U.S. Green Building Council.
Indian Path Medical Center
- High Performer in Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Urology by U.S. News and World Report.
Johnston Memorial Hospital
- High Performer in Ear, Nose & Throat by U.S. News and World Report.
Smyth County Community Hospital
- Excellence Award in Gynecologic Surgery & Prostatectomy by Healthgrades.
Johnson City Medical Center
- Surgery Center: Silver certification Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) from U.S. Green Building Council, 2014
The team of expert surgeons — including specialists and sub-specialists — and staff at Mountain States has led the way in bringing the latest surgical treatments and technology for adults and children to our region. This talented and experienced team continues to bring world-class surgical care straight to patients — right here in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.