You are here
Healthcare Administrative Residency
This two-year opportunity offers graduates real-world administrative healthcare experience within a robust, progressive system. The selection process opens in October with the new candidate beginning the following July. Mountain States Health Alliance benefits from the talents of up-and-coming leaders, while our patients benefit from the development of excellent healthcare management.
- One-on-one training with an executive preceptor
- Hands-on learning and practical application
- Career planning guidance
- Course work in leadership development
- Paid internship in first year, progressing to a salaried assistant administrator position in second year
Admissions criteria include:
- Master’s degree in health administration or business
- Interest in hospital healthcare management in a variety of settings
- Consideration of GPA
- Self-starter and good communicator
- Shares Mountain States values
- Interested in Mountain States employment
The success of each resident is based on several factors: project outcomes, course completion, feedback from preceptors and program advisor and the ACHE Fellowship exam.
Mountain States Health Alliance
Mountain States is an award-winning 13-hospital health system based in Johnson City, TN with facilities in both Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. We serve 29 counties in Tennessee, Virginia, Kentucky and North Carolina and operate a large tertiary hospital, two critical-access hospitals, a children’s hospital, a behavioral health hospital, several community hospitals and two long-term care facilities. Our hospitals are located in both urban and rural settings. Mountain States also operates the region’s first accountable care organization (ACO), AnewCare Collaborative, and the region’s only provider-owned insurance company, CrestPoint Health.