You are here
Health Resources Center
Community Lectures are designed to educate you about the latest treatment options available at our facilities, and to introduce you to the many skilled doctors practicing here. Please check often for new events and updated schedules. Check out our monthly calendar:
- February 2017 [PDF] - Opens in new window
- March 2017 [PDF] - Opens in new window
As an outreach service of Mountain States Health Alliance, our Health Resources Centers are open to everyone. Each HRC location is staffed daily by a caring, experienced registered nurse and other health professionals, including a registered dietitian. We also offer the following services and programs, and most of them are FREE!
- Daily blood pressure checks
- Health screenings
- Assistance with becoming smoke-free
- Personal nutritional counseling with a registered dietitian
- Diabetes self-management classes
- Support groups
- Health seminars
- Physician lectures
- Healthy cooking classes
- Health library – books and brochures
- Referral information
FREE! For stopping by!
- Safe Sharps containers - for safe disposal of lancets and syringes. When your container is full, return it to the HRC to exchange for an empty one.
- Universal Medication Pocket Card (PDF - opens in new window) – a handy way to keep a record of your medications
- Yellow Dot decal – the decal, to be displayed on the window of your vehicle, is part of a program designed to supply first responders with your medical information in the event of an emergency. Complete a Yellow Dot Emergency Medical Information form and receive a Yellow Dot decal for your car. Be sure to bring a driver's license or current photo; a copy will be attached to your form for identification purposes.
- BMI (Body Mass Index Chart) – access a copy here online
We have two locations in the Tri-Cities:
- The Mall at Johnson City – Located in the lower level of the mall beside the Belk Women’s store. Some classes and events are held in the Annex located at the back of the mall between the Belk women’s store and the Belk home store. Enter from Parking Lot #17 and look for the green awning. Open Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Phone: 423-915-5200
- Kingsport Town Center – Located on the upper level of the mall near JCPenney. Open Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Phone: 423-857-7981
Want the HRC to provide a speaker or participate in your health fair?
Call the Health Resources Center to use one of the HRC classrooms for a program or an event, invite the HRC to participate in a local health fair, or to ask an HRC representative to speak at your group meeting. We’re glad to help!