You are here
Please note that some of the material in this orientation may be familiar (example- handwashing hygiene, HIPPA, etc). There is no realistic way to determine the knowledge level of every student regarding these issues, it is required that this information be relayed regardless of previous content exposure.
- This orientation is divided into 10 learning modules. Each learning module consists of related topics providing you with the needed information to become oriented to MSHA facility policies and procedures.
- You may navigate through each learning module at your own pace, by clicking on each topic link.
- You must complete this entire orientation by reviewing all information contained.
- You will be asked to sign a confirmation at the end of this orientation indicating that you have read and reviewed all material.
- You are encouraged to print the entire student orientation packet for an all inclusive reference.
Online Student Orientation files
Section 1 - Mountain States Health Alliance
Section 2 - Care of the Patient
- Department of Spiritual and Pastoral Care and Center for Cultural Diversity
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Obesity Sensitivity
Section 3 - Safety
- Safety Orientation
- Infection Prevention
- Environment of Care Plan: Safety is Everyone's Business
- Rapid Response Team
- Ergonomics and Back Care
- Team Member Health
Section 4 - Service Excellence
Section 5 - Corporate Compliance
Section 6 - Patient Safety
- Patient Safety Goals
- Continuous Service Readiness
- Abuse / Neglect/Exploitation
- Suicide Precautions / Indicators
- Fall Prevention Program
Section 7 - Clinical Patient Care
- Interdisciplinary Plan of Care
- Skin and Wound Care 1
- Skin and Wound Care 2
- Stroke Patient Care
Section 8 -Departments
Section 9 - Student specific
Section 10 - Student Paperwork
- Student Paperwork
- Unit Orientation / Safety Checklist
(to be completed the first day on the unit then returned to your school instructor to be kept on file at the school)
- Student Orientation Packet (printable version)
- Code of Ethics (printable version)
- Affiliation Checklist (for instructors to complete on each student)
If you have any questions about orientation, forms, policies, or anything student related please call Organizational Development: (423) 431-5434