You are here
MSH is glad to be a part of your clinical experience or internship. To prepare you for a successful rotation and to maximize your learning experience we have developed an online orientation. You are required to review the content and complete all of the modules prior to starting your rotation.
Instructions for online orientation:
- Online orientation/modules. Please disable any pop up blockers.
- The orientation is divided into 10 sections. Each section consists of related topics providing you with the needed information to become oriented to MSH policies and procedures.
- You may navigate through each learning module at your own pace, by clicking on each topic link.
- You must complete the entire orientation by reviewing all information contained.
- You will be required to sign a confirmation at the end of the orientation indicating that you have read and reviewed all material.
- You are encouraged to print the entire student orientation packet (PDF - opens in new window) for an all-inclusive reference.
After completing the online orientation, please electronically submit your orientation confirmation-, which includes acknowledgement for orientation completion, immunizations, confidentiality agreement, code of ethics/business conduct.
Failure to complete/submit the online orientation confirmation will delay the start date of your clinical experience or internship. Once you submit your orientation confirmation, a screen will pop up that will allow you to print a verification page for your school instructor/faculty member. Please print this page and turn it into your school.
Additional Information & Reminders
- Always wear your student name badge and dress accordingly.
- Be sure to park in the employee parking lots.
- Flu shots are required for all students at MSH.
- Always adhere to our Patient-Centered Care Philosophy.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions if something is unfamiliar.
- Seek out learning opportunities and have a great experience.
If you will be in a clinical area and need computer access while at MSH, your school instructor must submit a request for you to have access. This will be done when he/she submits the instructor affiliation checklist. Once our IS department processes the computer request, your school instructor will receive an email notification of your log-in information. Please note: profile for computer access may take up to 4 weeks to build.
If you will be accessing MAK and Soarian for patient documentation, you will be scheduled for a computer orientation through your instructor. The link(s) below will provide training documents that will assist you in the log-in process and documentation process.